All Done Carving Your Pumpkin? Don't Throw Away Those Seeds!
Halloween is right around the corner, and pumpkins are everywhere you turn! Many are getting ready to carve their creation, whether by hand or with a stencil, and add a candle, to make a fun decoration piece.
Did you know that all the fun doesn't have to be lost in the carving? There is a quick and easy treat that you dig out of your pumpkin before you carve it: the pumpkin seeds!
Roasting them is a quick and easy treat for everyone to enjoy. Want to give it a try? There are many variations to an age old recipe, but here is how to cook it up if you are a novice.
Here are the items you will need:
- Pumpkins seeds
- Melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Clean the pumpkin seeds and remove them from the pumpkin, running them under water to wash them off.
- Toss the seeds in to a bowl with two teaspoons of melted butter and one pinch of salt.
- Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes or until they are golden brown, stirring occasionally.
--Let cool and they are ready to eat!